Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Thanks Where Thanks Are Due

I love being a SAHM, in the very truth of the word, knowing that I won't EVENTUALLY have to go to work in the near future, seeing everything the boys do, being able to do so much, and all because my DH is the best person ever. I'm fairly certain that any other guy I COULD have married (read, any of my ex bfs) would never let me sit at home, all day everyday. Spending his money, not cleaning his house (hehe), etc etc. I love that he surprises me with little things all the time, and does anything for me that I ask. He bought me a brand spankin' new car, doesn't even blanch when I spend WAY too much on really stupid things, and supports my every whim. And he expects almost nothing in return. He doesn't ever ask, have you thought about working anytime soon? Or, so, what are you going to be when you grow up? He loves that I stay home with our boys about as much I love staying home with our boys. To know that I can sign them up for soccer, hockey, story time & whatever else their little hearts desire, is amazing. I have never missed a single important "moment" in their lives, and for that I am eternally thankful to my most amazing DH. Without him, I would have had to miss so much, Anson's first goal in hockey, Ryden's first little girlfriend, their first "alone" bday parties. And to tell my DH about it & to show him the pictures of our boys and see his joy that I got to share those moments with our children, it's absolutely priceless. To know that, even though the boys will both be in school this year, but yet I am still able to drop them off & pick them up, well, I couldn't ask for a better job. To hear their stories of who did what & to hear their contagious little giggles, and to see their crafts from that week at school, they are the little snapshots I keep in my head, their joy & happiness. I revel in the fact that I am the one they share it with, not a nanny or a babysitter or anyone else. Me. Mommy. For now, their greatest confidante & biggest fan. And all of this of because of 1 incredibly amazing, selfless guy, my DH. I love my DH!!!

No comments: