9 days left until the big day. Are you ready? As of yesterday, I am! We braved the malls in Prince Albert yesterday, after Anson's hockey game in Nipawin. I'm really glad we knew what we wanted & didn't have to to wander around a lot looking for that perfect "something". I have 1 last gift to pick up, which will take me all of 5 minutes, & I have a couple little things left to wrap. My baking is done, thanks to the baking exchange I was in last week. That was a big help, except for the whole nut thing. Pert darn near everything had nuts in it, so I had to make some stuff just for my boys. My goal is not harm anyone with my cooking this year, haha! My brother in law, his wife & their son come home next week for Christmas. The boys are very excited to see their cousin, Baby Sloan. That poor child will be "Baby Sloan" for the next 30 years! We're staying home this year, Garth works, of course. I'm excited, I can't wait to see the boys open their presents. I hope they love everything they get!
Some bad news today, Garth's grandpa had a stroke tonight. Grandpa Otto turned 85 at the beginning of the month. He is a fantastic man, always joking around, laughing & pinching granddaughters! The boys love "big papa", & we are wishing him a speedy recovery in Saskatoon tonight, hoping he will be home soon.
Anson had his second game yesterday in Nipawin, and they won again! Yay Ramblers! Anson also got his hat trick again! He's up to 6 goals for the season. Their next game is in Naicam on the 29th, then we have a home game January 5th (if anyone wants to come to Tisdale to watch!). Ryden is keeping busy. That child has yet to sit for longer than 10 seconds in his entire 3 years. I think we're going to sign him up for CanSkate for January. I have sworn up & down since Anson was in CanSkate that we were NEVER doing that again. But I just don't have the time or energy to take him to the rink every Tuesday, rush him through on days we have to pick up Anson, blah. No thanks. I'll pay others to do it! Garth is useless for that too, since he's working nights until March.
I think that is my update for now. Today was pretty quiet, after the hectic-ness (is that word?!?!) of yesterday. We left the house by 8:30am & didn't get home until almost 10pm. Anson has school tomorrow, & Ryden has his parent component. I have to make hair appointments for this week, Ryden's Christmas concert is on Wednesday, Anson has hockey on Wednesday & Saturday, then shinney on Thursday (oh yeah, he joined a little shinney league with some kids from his team, yay, more hockey!), Ryden has story time on Tuesday, I think that's it! I have to make peppermint patties this week & maybe more butter tarts for Garth. How exciting am I?!?! Until next time, my friends!
~Robyn
No comments:
Post a Comment