Saturday, November 24, 2007

Being a Boy is Rough!

Well, I see my blog has escaped me yet again! I wish to be like a friend of mine, who manages to update her blog everyday. But sometimes, there is nothing to say, & most of the time, I forget. Heh. Well, today (tonight?) I remembered. A fair bit has happened since my last (rather cranky) blog. On November 18, Anson had his season opener in Melfort. My aunt & her daughter were able to come with us, because they were in Tisdale for Kiley's hockey game that night at 4:45. Anson's team won 16-2, and Anson got all 3 of his goals!! In Initiation, they are only allowed 3 goals per games, then have to pass to the other kids, so they get a chance to score as well. He was quite thrilled with his "hat trick", as was my aunt & cousin, who were able to see it. We then went for lunch in Melfort, to Dairy Queen, came back to Tisdale (we had to drive 60km/hr due to weather, it turned pretty nasty during the game!), gave Aunt Kathy & Kiley the 3-minute Tisdale tour, then hunt out at home until Kiley's game. They, unfortunately, lost 3-0. But it was great seeing them! When Kiley's team plays Melfort, we plan to go watch her.

After Kiley's game last Sunday, we went to Grandma & Grandpa's. Anson played (more) hockey downstairs, until I went to get him to go home, an hour after the boys' bedtime. Anson has done this lovely little thing, when he's SUPER tired, since he was about 1. He cries. Then holds his breath. Then his face turns blue & then he passes out. Which is good, because that is when he starts breathing again. Then he convulses, & goes really stiff. It's great fun for everyone involved. People usually freak out & yell. I used to. It's damn scary. He hasn't done it in a long time. I would say a good 6 months. He did it Sunday night. In Grandma & Grandpa's basement. And not on the soft, squishy carpet either. No. He had to do it on the hard, thin carpet, where there is cement underneath. I had picked him up when he started crying. And told him to stop. Then put him down again. He passed out as I put him down. I didn't notice. I feel really bad about it still. So when I let go of him, FLOP, he fell forward. Unconscious. So that means he didn't break his fall with his hands. Nope. He broke his fall with his forehead. On the thin carpet over cement. He was crying, I was crying, Grandma was yelling. It was utter chaos. He has a bump. And a bruise. It's not pretty. But he didn't get a concussion. He was up until 10:30 & was REALLY tired. But he's better now. That was interesting.

Even more interesting? We were at hockey practice on Wednesday. Garth, my darling husband, was chasing Ryden around the rink while I watched Anson on the ice. Ryden, who has been told NUMEROUS times not to muck around, or he will fall & crack his head open on the cement stairs & have to go to the hospital, well, guess what he did. Yep. He fell. And cracked his head open. Daddy, who saw him fall, said, oh you're ok. Let's go look at the zamboni (my husband is the zamboni man here in town). For 20 minutes, they played on the zamboni. They emptied the snow. They filled the water tanks. I went to get Ryden at 5 to 5, since Garth had to work at 5, and since Anson got off the ice at 5. We started down to the change room, when I noticed Ryden's red neck. I thought he had rubbed his ketchup-y chip hands, but when I looked closer, I noticed that his head was bleeding. Yep. That fall from 20 minutes earlier? Cracked his head open. I ran for Garth, then grabbed Anson, barely giving him time to get his skates off, then dumped Anson at Grandma & Grandpa's, before ending up in the ER. 1 numb little head & 2 stitches later, we were back home. He did really well though. They used a "new" thing on him (well, this is the 2nd time they used. He used it this summer when he got 3 stitches in his eyelid), a liquid called Lett. It is amazing. No more needles! Just hold a cotton ball soaked in Lett on the cut for the 10 minutes, then stitch close! Also, the dr was AMAZING. Being a father of 5, he is excellent with kids. He threaded the 2 stitches through, then went BACK & tied the stitches, thus getting the "pokes" over first. I am so proud of my RyRy. He fell asleep while getting his stitches, & was so brave! I thought stitches would calm him down, but nope. This morning at hockey, he fell & bonked his forehead, & now has a bruise on the side of his forehead, as well as a mysterious black eye. And who said having kids was easy?!?! I still wish I had had girls some days! These 2 boys are trying to give me gray hairs, I swear!

Well, I suppose I have rambled enough for tonight. Sorry it's a long read, but if you read through, go you! Thanks for sticking it out with me! Talk soon.

No comments: