I am really REALLY tired of all the "anti-section" people out there. Telling me I am less than a mom because I had c-sections. Do you not realize that they were NECCESSARY??? Doctors, for the most part, only do them when it is medically required to do so. My first one was because I could not dialate past 5cm. 42 hours of labor wasn't enough? Should I have done 40 more? And my second one to save my son's life. Had I not had it, he would not be here today. Yet, I am still the bad mom. If you are lucky enough to deliver "naturally" (with or without drugs, that's your call!), good on you. In my case, it just wasn't meant to be.
So, should I not have kids? Yeah, not bloody likely. I have always wanted babies. My children are here, healthy & happy. Well cared for, fed, clothed, etc. I can tell you of one these sections bashers whose daughter is basically ignored so mom can hang out online. But I'm the bad mom right? This woman feels that she has the right to tell everyone about the dangers & risks & scary outcomes of c-sections. Because she's seen the result of section babies & their "issues". Yes, a person needs to be informed of all decisions she makes regarding her baby & her own health. But when you are WATCHING your child's heartrate drop slowly (or in the impossibly scary situation a friend went through where it crashed), you don't think about that.
You think about your baby. How to get your baby out, safely, healthly. And most importantly, quickly. You deal with everything else later. The machines go away. The pain dulls. Your baby graduates to room air. And I'm a bad mom because of a surgery that saved my son's life. Nice. So to you, section basher, I say you need to stop, take account of what you have in your life, & think before speaking. Unless you know the person VERY well, they don't want to hear why you think sections are horrible things. And so what, I have a scar. I also have 2 healthy children. I will take a body filled with scars if it means my 2 precious children are with me, safe, healthy, loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment