Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back To The Real World, 6 Years Later

Well, I'm officially working again! Technically, I suppose I'm volunteering, but I am getting paid to do so. I will spend 2 hours a week with 3 people that have schizophrenia (which I totally cannot spell). It's basically like home care, except I'm not being paid what a "true" home care worker would make. However, having this on my resume will help with my LPN course. So yeah, I only do it when I am able to, & while the boys are both in school, which limits my time to 2 mornings a week. Hopefully, I may even be able to squish that into the 2.5 hour window I have twice a week while Ryden is at Pre-K (Anson's kindergarten is all day). And next year, should I continue this "job", I can work 4 mornings a week, if I want, for those 2.5 hours. Anson will be in grade 1 & Ryden in Pre-K again (sniff sniff), so Anson will be gone everyday, & Ryden Tuesday - Friday mornings. Or, I can just do 1 hour a week. It's up to me!! YAY!

We have hockey today, boo. I'm tired & have a headache & don't want to go anywhere. It's also mother cold out too! -28 without the wind. Like that's not bad enough, with the wind, it's -40, plus we're under a windchill warning. Joy. Yesterday was actually semi decent, so Ryden stayed outside for half an hour after school while I made lunch. Garth checked on him, & he was just hanging out in a circle of packed down snow. Garth asked what he was doing, & Ryden goes, chilling out in the lake. Oh my smart boy. To be at the lake right now, when it's nice & warm, instead of trapped in the house with 2 cabin fevered kids. Talk about bliss!! Off to hockey, & the cold rink!