Monday, March 30, 2009

An Anniversary To Do List

Today I am catching up on laundry (load #4 is the washer now, did I mention how far behind I was??). I also want to deep clean the downstairs in preparation of Easter decorating! So this is my deep cleaning list (so I can come back the next time I deep clean to see what I did/need to do).

~ Vaccum entrance (stupid wood floor is all cracked & chiped & gross)
~ Move couches & vaccum under those
~ Borrow Reanna's steam cleaner!!!
~ Orange Glow all the wood things
~ Do a quick reorg/clean up of scrap things
~ Clean off computer desk/file things that need to be filed
~ Dust
~ Wash windows
~ Clean off the hutch yet again (we seriously need to STOP tossing crap on there!!!)
~ Clean oven
~ Clean out cupboards (man do I hate not having cupboard doors! That is a project for me this spring I think).

I think that's it. I also want to find a pretty tablecoth/runner for the kitchen table. That thing is SO beat up & only 7 years old. All of the chairs are broken, so we have 7 ugly, mismatched chairs (4 are silver with ripped up green vinyl seats, nice huh, & then 3 are fabric ones).

Also, I want to go through the toyroom sometime soon. The boys' hockey bags are still in there & need to get stashed away. I want to go through the insane amount of toys that are in there. Some of them (broken, lost, whatever) will get tossed, but some will go to my mother in law's. I have taken some other toys over there, things the boys weren't playing with anymore. They play with them at grandma's now, & my brother in law has moved closer to home (4.5 hours away, instead of 10), so they come home more often now. They have an almost 2 year old & are trying again, so they are able to play with the stuff too.

After I finish the downstairs & the toyroom, I'm hoping to start on the upstairs. I need to go through the boys'clothes & get rid of the too small stuff (Ryden wore some flood pants the other day, skintight too, LOL), start pulling out their shorts & summer stuff, that kind of thing. Our room needs an overhaul too. Garth had pulled the wall down a couple months ago to reinsulate, so now we need to drywall. Then I would LOVE to finally paint it! Get things sorted out, clear out a couple boxes that are still in the closet, etc.

So there's my spring cleaning list!! Hopefully I will it all down by the end of April (my goal). Then May I can work on some other projects around the house (cabinet doors, painting the toyroom, etc). Off to do more laundry :D

2 comments:

carrie said...

Happy Anniversary!! Good luck with the list. I'm waiting for it to hopefully warm up a bit more before starting mine :)

Robyn said...

Haha, if I waited for it to warm up, I'd do NOTHING until July!! ;)