Friday, November 14, 2008

Been Busy, Oops.

Hola. Yeah. Life is crazy 'round these parts. School (and no school. For five days. It sucked), hockey, LIFE!

Garth's grandpa's funeral was Halloween, it was HUGE. Over 250 people came. Then afterwards, we went to my inlaws to visit with family/friends, & the boys got to play with their cousins, & go trick or treating together. My nephew had his costume as well. I asked my BIL Trevor what Sloan was. When he said Yoda, I fell over laughing. My boys went as Anakin Skywalker & Darth Vader!! So unplanned!!! The boys loved playing with their baby cousin! I imagine that Grandpa would have loved his funeral, & the hanging out that happened afterwards. It would have been exactly how he wanted us to remember him, and spend time together. It was a really good (albeit sad) day, with lots of stories of Grandpa, & some of his favorite stories & sayings!

School is in full swing, the boys LOVE it. Anson got his report card last week & is doing really well, at his parent teacher interview, his teacher said she has absolutely no worries about him, so I'm very proud of the boy!! Ryden loves going to school to play with his new bestest friend forever, Josh. They also play hockey together & are on the same team, so they were both THRILLED.

Speaking of hockey, the boys first game is next Saturday. Well, Ry's first game. Anson has already played a game. He got AP'd (which is an Affliated Player, it means he helps out another team that is short players) to Novice (7 & 8 year olds). He is in Initiation (4, 5 & 6 year olds), so this a BIG DEAL. At the first Novice game last week, he got the team's first 2 goals! He was SOOOO excited! He has another Novice game tomorrow, in White Fox. So, that is what we are doing tomorrow. Practice for both at 8:30, game at 11:45 in White Fox for Anson. Yay hockey....

Nothing is really new with Garth or I. We just kind of follow the boys around to where they need to be. I'm going to be so lost in 15 years, when both boys are gone. My auntie is dealing with it now, empty nest symdrome, and I think I get it. She had 2 girls who did a little bit of everything, like my boys. That is going to be me. Randomly going to Saskatoon to buy bath towels, because I can. Being bored out of my tree because I don't have to be in 4 places at once. It kind of has me scared, already!!

Anywho, no more rambling from me tonight, sorry! But I am going to do a survey in my next post. If you do it too, tell me so I can go read it!!

No comments: