Happy Valentine`s Day!! I hope you all are having a great day with your loved ones, no matter who they are! Do you have any special plans? Do anything specific, or have any traditions?
I always make a big, yummy supper for my boys. This year it`s sweet & sour meatballs with rice, salad and glazed carrots. I also make a couple Valentine themed desserts! This year, I am trying my hand at red velvet cupcakes (granted, it`s a cake mix this time!), and I am also making my favorite cake mix cookies, chocolate cherry chip!
Thanks to my Pinterest addiction, I am also ramping the decorations! I have a few ideas that I am going to try, so we will see how that turns out. I will share photos of all my Pinterest hacked ideas as well ;)
Valentine`s is very special in our house. G proposed to me on the 11th (his plans for a fabulous Valentine`s Day was disrupted when my sister came to visit on the 14th, so we celebrated early). We try to go for supper on the 11th, as "our" Valentine`s celebration, and then celebrate with our boys on the 14th. This is a great way for the boys to know it`s not just for married people!
This year was 10 years since we were engaged. It`s hard to believe that SO much has happened in that short 10 years! Two babies, a province move (with 3 days notice!), a house & all of it`s renovations, and a kitty! There are many days where it seems like yesterday that we were waiting for our little red haired baby to be born, and now he is 9! What a ride the past 10 years have been, and I wouldn`t change it for anything!
And now, to work on my babie`s Valentine feast!!
No comments:
Post a Comment