Monday, September 1, 2008

Mopeity Mope Mope

Well, summer is officially over :( Today is Labor Day, the last day of summer. I'm so bummed. I love summer. The heat, the cookouts, the laid back, easy pace. Now it's back to business. School, hockey, snow & cold.

We had a fairly uneventful summer. The boys & I went to Saskatoon for a few days, went to Kinsmen Park with my brother Brett, and the Forestry Farm with Brett, my sisters Paige & Michelle, & Michelle's husband Dan, and my mom. We also went to Greenwater in June, the boys LOVED the beach!

Swimming lessons were in July, the boys learn SO much more when they are in the 1 week set of lessons, than in the 2 week sets. We'll be doing 1 weekers from now on. We didn't get the boys in their second set we promised, since Ryden got tubes in his ears July 31. Next year, they will each take 2 sets. Anson will take both Level 1 & 2, and Ryden will do both Crocodile & Whale (I think), since he'll be too young to take Level 1.

Anson started school last week. Grade 1. It makes me so sad that my baby will be gone all day, everyday. I think he likes it. I ask him what he did, he says nothing. I ask if he likes his teacher (Mrs. Sisson), he says yeah. It's like getting blood from a stone! The child won't tell me anything! He is, however, excited that hockey starts October 15. Me? Not so much.

Ryden met his new teacher on Thursday, Mrs. Tiganov. Mrs. Armstrong will be the TA again, Ry loves her! He starts going to school September 9. We also signed him up for hockey this year! We're going to try it for a month, just to see how he does. If he doesn't do well, or decides he hates it, we'll try again next year. But I do want him to try. I've been taking them skating at the rink to get him started & to work on his skating, so I hope that has helped!

That's about it. Today (and this past weekend) has been very lazy. We've just hung around at home, not doing a whole lot. It helps that it's being gross outside as well. I have done away with my 52 blessings blog, & have replaced it with my new "thing". I'm doing a challenge, 101 in 1001. Today is my start date. The object is to come up with a list of 101 things you want to accomplish in 1001 days. Check out that blog for all the info! Until next time everyone! I have some biscuits to make for supper!!

~Robyn

No comments: