Friday, October 10, 2008

Oops, I Did It Again

I fell off the blogging bandwagon. BUT, I have been insanely busy!! So yeah....here's my update though!

Last week, Garth was working in the bathroom. I finally dragged the boys out (they were "helping") so they could go to bed. We were upstairs when I heard Garth yell "Oh DARNIT!" (and that is what he really said, no swears!!). I ran down to see what he smashed, to find his arm in the sink. I was like, what happened? What did you do?? He pulled his arm out of the sink & all I saw was blood. LOTS o' blood. The fool stabbed himself with the drywall saw. So, I had to call his mom to watch the boys & then take Garth to the ER for stitches. And, now the bathroom sits. Yet again. Ergh.

Hockey starts next week. Garth & I went to PA on Wednesday to get the needed things. Anson needed equipment, & Ryden needed a helmet. Garth also got them new skates. Then we went to Wal-Mart & got them their Halloween costumes (Ryden is Darth Vader & Anson is Anakin Skywalker). Then today, the boys & I were at Pearson's & we found a Darth Maul costume for Garth. I think I am going to get it for him, LOL.

Last weekend, Ryden had a birthday party. Anson wormed himself an invitation (the birthday boy's big brother & Anson are pals). So we went bowling. We have another birthday party on Tuesday. Again, Anson wormed himself an invitation. I think Ryden needs to find friends with little brothers, LOL!!

I've been working on my 101 goals. It's going eh. I don't make my bed until I actually GO to bed. I need to do it in the morning. It's hard though, becuase Garth sleeps in, and then I don't think about it when he gets up, so I forget until I go to bed. Blah. But, I have been using my household notebook again!! And, I've implemented a new cleaning schedule I've done very well following! And it eats into my computer time, which is another goal (less computer time), so yay for that! I still need that printer, though, dammit.

I've also been scrapbooking. I had been stuck in a rut, doing only new pictures, when I want to focus on getting the boys baby pictures. On Monday, I did 5 pages, & only 2 were "new" pics!! YAY!! I'm going to try to "match" new pic pages, with baby pic pages. For every page of new pics I scrap, I have to do 1 that is one of the boys' baby pics. I hope that works!! Also, a mommy forum I'm on has a monthly cyber crop, where they do 8 challenges in a weekend. I won!! I am getting a box of scrapbooking goodies in the mail, YAY!

Thanksgiving is this weekend! YAY!! I'm not really sure what is going on yet, but I am making a turkey & all the "fixin's". My sister may come here, but she doesn't know. My inlaws will probably come, since they'll just be getting home from visiting my brother in law. All I know is, there will be us 4 here for sure, LOL. Last night I baked cookies, butterscotch chip & sugar molasses. YUM! Tomorrow, the boys & I are making turkey & pumpkin shaped gingerbread & sugar cookies, butter tarts & I'm making homemade buns. At least we will have lots of treats for Thanksgiving if nothing else!! Thankfully, a lot of it can be frozen. Or, I will be inviting a lot of people over for coffee & baked goodies!!!

So, there is my update! And I promise to try harder & update more often!!

No comments: