So, I didn`t get my Thursday Top Ten done last week. I will do a better one this week though! We were busy with back to school shopping, & writing names on about 2934719545 things, & then went to see my family for my aunt`s 25th Anniversary party. Swimming lessons were all last as well & then I was packing up for Anson`s AAA windup, we went camping at Greenwater Lake over the weekend. We took so much stuff, we had to take the truck! It would just not fit in my car!! The boys were happy though. The truck meant they could take their bikes!!
But yes, I braved Saskatoon & the craziness it is, a couple weeks before school. I hit up Dollarama, Zellers, AND Wal-Mart for school suppleies & still couldn`t find everything! I also went to The Children`s Place & got some great deals on pants for the boys (and a jacket for Ryden!), all for $2.99!! I even got my neice & nephew a Christmas gift each! The boys wanted DCs for school shoes, which Garth said no too. You can`t run in skate shoes!! Sport-Mart has a great deal on now, for any moms looking for school shoes. BOGO 1/2 half off!! We got the boys each a good pair of runners for $31 with taxes!! Even Wal-Mart would have been about $45!! While Garth took the boys to Sport-Mart, I made a quick stop in Staples for the last couple things the boys needed for school. I am definitely going there next year first! Everything is comparable in price to Wal-Mart or Zellers, but there are no long line ups, no crazy moms ready to hit you for the last scrapbook, just a calm, peaceful store! Way easier on my stress levels! Definitely going there first next year!!
My auntie`s anniversary was lots of fun! My entire family made it out, except for my one sister, Samantha & my brother Brett. It was great to see my cousins again. The day before the anniversary party (their anniversary is actually May 18) was my aunt`s 50th birthday, so she had pulled out some old clothes of hers, including a dance costume my 3 year sister fit, & 2 old bridesmaid dresses she wore. My 2 cousins & I wore the dresses (one of my aunt`s bridesmaid`s brought the dress she wore at the wedding), and holy cow, it was hilarious!! The dress I wore my aunt wore at my uncle Kim`s wedding when she was 13, so it was very tight in the arms, enough so that I could bend my arms! Kiley wore Denise`s dress from my aunt`s wedding, but Ki`s chest is slightly larger than Denise`s, so it was completely undone in the back, haha! Anyway, there are pictures, on my Facebook, so yeah. Thanks for laughing at my expense, haha :)
Swimming lessons were last week & we were at the pool from just before 9am, until almost 12! The boys love swimming & it`s no surprise that they both passed. Anson passed Level 5 (including some of Level 6), & Ryden Level 2. Garth went Thursday was quite impressed with how much his front crawl has improved! But, when you are swimming the length of the pool twice, 2 times a day, I should hope it would!! Ryden is still leary of not being able to touch, but if he has a noodle, flutterboard or PFD, he`s fine! My boys are so very much fish!!
Lastly, Anson`s camping windup! We had a great group of parents to share our first year of AAA hockey, so anytime we get together, we have a blast! We are all spread out throughout the northeast, so it`s hard to get everyone together, but when we do, we have fun! The parents are awesome, & all the kids love to get together just to hang out! We spent the weekend at Greenwater Lake, spent all day Saturday at the beach, & the kids were out tubing all afternoon. Then we went to the group site & had supper, yummy beef on a bun, salads, it was great! Midway through supper, we had a nice little hail storm. 3 trailers had awnings, so everyone ran for cover (there were probably 60 of us or so), & hid while it rained. Then it stopped, so we got to enjoy a fire for a while, until the next storm came through. Lots of rain, thunder & lightning!! The rain didn`t last long, but the light show was pretty awesome. Anson had SO much fun playing football & riding bikes with his friends. His legs were just COVERED in mud! Ryden ended up falling asleep on my lap around 10, so I just kind of sat around, haha!! It was the perfect end to the season, & Anson has made many new friends, as have the rest of us! Ryden hung out with the little brothers (there are actually very few sisters, definitely more boys!), and the parents, again, were just fantastic. It was a great first season of AAA hockey!!
Sunday (yesterday), Greenwater had a little craft show in their hall, Art In The Park. I took my hats & displayed them & had a pretty successful day! I gave away a lot of cards, & even got a couple orders! People were quite excited to see my hats, and the different styles I have done. The owl I took with me was pretty popular, although, if I hear anymore jokes about the baby cocoons being very large slippers, or being shoes for big foot, I might cry!! Hehe!!
So, that my dear readers, is where I have been & why my poor little blog was neglected (again)! This week will be quiet, gearing up for school on Monday, so I should have more time to blog in between cleaning & laundry. And now, to start washing the mountain of muddy lake clothes!!!
1 comment:
Nice info! Keep up the great work on posts like this.
Post a Comment