Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday Top Ten - Oh The Places I Would Go!!

I got a text last night about a possible trip next summer. Houseboating in BC. Boy would I love that!! I am missing my mountains something awful lately! A week on a lake in the mountains? HEAVEN!! Then I started thinking about other places I`d love to go to. And boy, is that list LONG! G & I never did get our honeymoon, and we always so, oh let`s go here for an anniversary/late honeymoon celebration. Sadly, stuff comes up. Or, the money is just not there for a trip to the Greek Isles. Tragic, isn`t it? I need a money tree. Or big lottery win ;) Anyway. This is my top ten for vacations I`d love to take.

1. The Mountains!! G & I lived about 7 minutes from the Gates of Jasper in Alberta. We moved to Hinton in 2001, & I miss it SO much!! We could see the mountains from our house, & went hiking every weekend. It was very pretty & I always talk about retiring there. LOVE that place!!

2. Las Vegas, baby!! I dreamed of getting married in Vegas, since we eloped (we were married in Hinton instead. I don`t even care about the casinos, I want to go for the sights! Oh & the super tall margaritas :) The M&M store looks cool too, & I`d go to some of the shows as well.

3. The Dominican Republic. Who doesn`t dream of going somewhere warm?? Especially in the dead of a Saskatchewan winter!!! My anniversary is in March, the perfect time for a hot getaway (hint hint G!!).

4. New York City. Oh the things to do & see in NYC!! The museums, the people, Times Square, FUN! Definitely hoping to go here soon (maybe next year with a friend from high school??).

5. The Greek Isles. G has an obsession with Greek food. What better than the real deal?? I would love to take in the sand on a pretty Greek island. Pictures are absolutely breathtaking, & I would love to be there!!!

6. Illinois. This sounds like a crazy one, doesn`t it? But one of my closest friends lives near Chicago & we have not met! So, I`d love to go see Chicago & meet her and her family! And Chicago is a pretty cool city! I have always to check out the `Windy City`.

7. Ontario. Yes, another odd one! But, my mom`s husband has family near Ottawa, and used to own a cabin on a lake out there. I haven`t been there, or seen those realative in 12 years!! That`s just crazy & FAR too long!!!

8. Europe. This is where I wanted to go, if we had gone on a honeymoon. I`d love to travel around & see Paris, Milan, London, Berlin, the list goes on! An amazing place, with amazing sights. Definitely a wanna do!!

9. Australia. An winter vacation spot! My grandma`s best friend`s daughter Shawna lived in Australia when I was younger. Marie would come home with amazing stories & since then, it`s always been a place I`d love to visit! It even sparked a slight koala obsession I went through for a couple years!!

10. Last not least, Thailand! A couple years ago, my sister went on this amazing 40 day trip to Thailand. She LOVED it, & saw a ton of cool things. She showed me pictures & it is just amazingly gorgeous there! The beaches are so pretty, & there tons of mountains around. Absolutely stunning!!

So there you have it! Ten places I`d love to visit!!!

No comments: