Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Time & The Living Is...Messy??

Oh people. I need to clean something fierce!! My house looks like a tsunami hit. It's THAT bad. The toy room threw up, the living room has gone 5 rounds with Sir Spills-A-Lot & She-Who-Sheds-Too-Much, & the entrance looks like a shoe factory exploded in it. I am going to Saskatoon on Friday for back to school shopping, then we are off to Biggar Saturday for my aunt's 25th anniversary. I can't leave my house like this, so that means today & tomorrow? There will be some CRAZY cleaning going on 'round here!

When I deep clean my house, I always think & wish & hope to have new organization for this house. I think constantly to myself, I could use one of these, or wouldn't it be great to have that? Then my shopping wish list grows & grows. Yet nothing ever gets boughten from it. Tragic, isn't it? I have so many cute ideas for the toyroom, but it's hard to find stuff I want in our small town. So I "make do", which means the house gets messy fast & nothing is as organized as I like.

I decided to try to make some of my grand organization plans come to fruitition this fall. I will be a daytime empty nester (hard to believe my babies are in grades 1 & 3!!), I'm going to use those first couple weeks back at school to try to completely clean and organization my disaster, er, house. I'd love to create a homework area for the boys, & a message center for G, & really? The list is endless!! I also need to sort through the toy room. I KNOW there are toys in there that I can get rid of!! So, I will keep track of my progress on here. Aren't you readers oh so lucky?? Maybe some of my ideas will help you! Or, if you have any ideas, you could shoot them my way & help me :)

And now, to at least clear a path to the door & start laundry!!

2 comments:

Vanessa Wolfram said...

Oh the joys of being at home full time! I just made my list of things to do, but have no ambition to start any of it. If you find a magic wand that works let me know...

Vanessa Wolfram said...

P.S. I see that you changed your look. If you go to the "template designer" in your "design" tab you can edit the width and layouts of your sidebar so you can see it more clearly. Its a little squishy to make out...