I slacked! Sorry! But, we have been crazy busy around here! The boys birthdays were April 13 & 14. Ryden had his Pirate Party on the 13, and had a blast! Anson's party was the 19, and he was supposed to play road hockey outside. Instead, it was miserable (of course), so there were TEN kids in my house. Yep. Ten. 1. 0. 10. It was a tiny bit insane! Yikes. But, he loved it, and had fun, so I suppose that's all that matters, right?
Ryden got a nasty cold mid-April. Of course it hit his ears. And, that was when he had his 4 year check up. They did the hearing screening and the nurse tells me, Ryden can't hear. It can't be, I say. He has a cold. I go home, crying. Garth & I whispered at him, hid our faces & whispered, he heard us fine!! I talk to Ryden's teachers, they haven't noticed anything. I take him to the dr the next day, and yep. His right ear is bulging. Two weeks later, we go back (yesterday), and his ears are better, YAY! Then I find out that, in the Winter of 06/07, Ryden was on medicine for ear infections 10 times!! 7 in 2006, and 3 in 2007 (Sept 06 - Apr 07). Um, gulp. We are seeing the nurse practioner right now (drs are too busy for us), but she is awesome. Answering any & all my questions. She said they'd watch him really closely to be sure he isn't having issues (the first nurse was sort of a drama queen about all of this, BTW), and that if I have any concerns, whatsoever, let her know. I guess I hesitated, because she asked, what? I mentioned that my sister Paige is deaf in one ear, and has had tubes a couple times. My awesome NP said, ok, let's get him in now. So today, I got his appts called in. He goes for an ACTUAL hearing test May 14 (and we also see our NP that day, but that's for his asthma). It will be a real hearing test, none of this stupid, public nurse crap. And then we see the EN&T dr in June (we know him, he took Anson's tonsils out last year, his bedmanner lacks quite a bit, but he's a good surgeon). OH! And DramaNurse called today, wanting to change the time of Ryden's re-screen. Here's our conversation:
DN ~ Hi Robyn, it's DramaNurse. I was wondering if we could change Ryden's appt at the end of May to 4, instead of 9?
Me ~ Oh, I was going to call you this week! Actually, Ryden is getting a real hearing test done with the audiologist on the 14th, so I was going to cancel.
DN~ Oh, so he IS deaf then!
Me ~ Um, no. This is preventitive, never mind the fact that he is prone to ear infections. I was really uncomfortable with how you handled it, so I took him to the dr the next day. This is what we decided.
DN ~ Oh, well, have a nice day th..... *click*
Did I mention I do not like DramaNurse? Yeah. Fun, isn't it?
Anson is all signed up for ball. I'm *cough cough* coaching. Yeah. Because I'm athletic!! Or, not. We'll see. LOL. I'm volunteering for the Diabetes Foundation & canvassing next week (just 2 blocks, by my house). Yeah. Not a lot going on, but at the same, doing a lot!! LOL! OH! I won!! I finally won a blog contest!! I won a really pretty mommy bracelet from MJennings Desgins! I'm so excited to get it!! And, that's it for the life of Robyn! Aren't you glad you've stalked my blog everyday for that update?? :)
2 comments:
so glad.
Congratulations!
Post a Comment