This is the letter Anson (7 years old) gave me for Mother's Day. I am copying it exactly from the letter, spelling mistakes & all ;)
My mom's name is Robyn. she Has brown with c sum onange hare. She has brown eyes. She like to clen. She relax by sleep or shoping. and clens the houes. She woke aroud the houes and i love love love love my mom.
HAHAHAHA. Garth's favorite part is where I relax by shopping. He said wow, he really DOES know you!! Hardy har har, G. And he laughs about my cleaning. He doesn't think I do enough (stupid man, little does he know!). It is really cute though, & made me tear up, sniff sniff.
Ry gave me a little plant (I think it's a bean, hehe), and a little flower pot that he painted. Very cute!! I love the little things they make for me. I found the gift Anson gave me last year in Kindergarten. It is so cute! It's a ceramic tile, with his handprint stamped onto it, and on the back is a poem about Moms. Very adorable.
These are the things I will treasure the most. Right now, I have all their school papers in boxes in the storage room. G is giving me grief over the boxes (again). Before, it was because I saved every single baby item that touched the boys. I was finally able to get rid of some (yes SOME) of that stuff. I'm not going to lie, I still have 4 or 5 boxes of baby stuff! But, I did get rid of a fair bit (Caden helped with that, haha).
Now, it's school boxes. He wants to know why I have to keep everything. It's because I'm a MOM, silly man! Those chicken scratches are the first time Ry wrote his whole name, or the dinosaur & chicken Anson drew when he was 2, and they actually LOOK like a dinosaur & chicken! His first math pages, including the little booklet he did on addition with every answer right. The first time Ryden colored in the lines, or the sand castle he drew & won a contest for. It's hard to just toss those out!
Just like the clothes, seeing something in those boxes takes me back to that moment, that day, that little boy grin. First pair of sandals, big boy shirt, the shorts just like dad's. It's a glimpse of the past, what was, & what is yet to be. My time capsules in my storage room.
1 comment:
such a sweet letter and post <3
Post a Comment