So, Ryden is sick. Poor guy. He said that his throat was sore yesterday afternoon, which I kinda just brushed off. Gave him a popsicle, said you'll be fine, & contiued on my merry way. We went to ball, came home & he laid on the couch. And fell asleep. By 7:45. That NEVER happens!
He woke up once, & said his head hurt. Well. Actually, he screamed when I picked him up to take him to bed. Um, hello raging headache. That is also when I noticed he was really hot. So I dug out the thermometer & shockingly, the battery was dead. So G got our backup from his mom & dad's. Yep. Fever. 102.
I put his jammies on him, gave him some cold water to drink, and of course some Motrin. At 11, I took him upstairs & gave him Tylenol. Wash, rinse, repeat all night. When we got up for the day (notice I didn't say "woke up"), he was still at 100.8F. Which means that a night filled with Tylenol & Motrin did nothing except get rid of the screaming headache.
I took him to the hospital today (where I was also informed that we no longer have a family doctor, awesome), and we got in right away! We had an intern come in & check Ry out (a brand new intern, as in, he can't even be called doctor yet). Then Dr John came in & did everything all over again. And then he told me to keep up the juice/water, Tylenol & Motrin cycle. If the fever doesn't break by tomorrow morning, I have to take him back.
So we go to buy more Tylenol, juice & Gatorade, & popsicles. Meanwhile, the nurse is calling our house, over & over. Apparently, she forgot to do a throat swab. So, back to the hospital we go! Now, he is laying on the couch & watching cartoons. I hope he naps soon, he looks so tired! And I am exhausted!!
So, that's what we've been up to! Yard work, ball & more yard work. We painted the sheds & deck this past weekend, I'll have to take pictures & post them on here (or post them on Facebook & link them here LOL). Time to give Ry some Motrin, so later!
No comments:
Post a Comment