So. Our satelite reciever died. This is slightly stressing to me. Especially since Garth has gone to Humboldt for 3 days. He left today at 6am. And won't be back until late Wednesday night. That is 3 ENTIRE days of me, alone with the boys, & no TV. Which means they will be bugging me CONSTANTLY, without their beloved TV. To make matters worse, the new TV is supposed to be in tomorrow.
How do you explain to them that, yes, that is the new TV, but no, we can't watch it?? First of all, I'd totally drop the thing if I were to try to hook it up. Secondly, why even bother, since we have no receiver right now?? We should get the new tomorrow or Wednesday (they are purolating one to us), but again, how will I hook it up?? Garth has a "certain way" to do all that, with the TV, dish, DVD, & now Wii. That's way beyond this momma!!
Right now, Anson is at school. Ryden is watching movies. On our little 13" TV. We took the other one upstairs last night, since that's where it will live once the new TV gets here anyway. I'm super glad we got the boys their games a couple weeks ago!! I'm assuming we'll get some good use out of those, until Garth is home again & hooks up my kids' crack ;) back up again.
And yes, I AM one of "those moms". Our TV is on all day. Even when the boys are at school. I need the noise. The boys are not actually WATCHING the TV, but it is on. For the most part, we listen to the music channels, but I will turn it to Slice or HGTV randomly. Rarely are the boys actually interested in watching Holmes on Homes, or Three Takes, LOL.
I sure hope the next three days go by fast...
1 comment:
YIKES!!! Good luck hon!
Post a Comment